After you have created an object in Blender Cycles, you will need to start creating the material for that object which most of the time will take many man hours to do so plus you will need to manage the complicated node structure by yourself which most of the time can contain up to 50+ nodes. As a game developer, those time can well be spent to write beautiful program for your game instead of creating material for your game graphic. Luckily Blender has a feature calls Link which can help you to directly imports and assigns a material on your newly created object. Here is how to do it…
1) Search for a free to download Blender material file and downloaded it to your pc.
2) Start a new blender cycles project and create your first simple Mesh object. Next split the 3d window into two part, change the top window to node editor window, select the object in the bottom window then create a new material under the property window on the right of the 3d window and click on the Use Nodes button under Surface.
3) Make sure you are in the object mode, go to File->Link, then look for the Blender file you have just downloaded from the Internet, click to open it’s material library then pick a material file which you need.
4) Click on the little brown ball button at the bottom of the Node Editor window and select the material which you have linked into your project.
5) That is it, render the object with the new material assigns to it and see the outcome by yourself.
You can assign another new material on different object from different group on the same project, for example a ship or a house as you wish to.